A prize of $10,000 will be awarded for the best work of unpublished short fiction. Three finalists will each receive $2,500, a trip to Toronto to attend the award ceremony in May, and a mentorship opportunity.
View the 2020 RBC Bronwen Wallace Award poetry submission form here.
To be eligible, a writer must be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Under the age of 35 as of February 25, 2020
- Published in an independently edited literary magazine or anthology
- Unpublished in book form and without a book contract (a self-published book or chapbook is not disqualifying)
To submit an entry:
- Eligible candidates should send 5-10 pages (up to 2,500 words) of previously unpublished short fiction.
- Candidates grant the Writers’ Trust of Canada permission to publish their work in print and digital formats should they be shortlisted (all rights reserved by the author).
- Give your submission one overall title. Include that title at the top of your manuscript and in the file name of your PDF, and ensure both match the name given for your submission. You do not need a title page within your submission.
- Your manuscript must not include your name or any identifying information.
- Include consecutively numbered page numbers.
- Do not use large images within your manuscript.
- Use any font you wish in 11 pt size.
- Double or 1.5 line spacing is preferred.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 25, 2020 (11:59pm PT)
Three finalists will be announced in late April. The winner will be announced on May 26, 2020 at an award ceremony in Toronto.
For more information, please visit writerstrust.com or contact:
Devon Jackson, Program Coordinator
1-877-906-6548 x248 (toll free)