The Writers’ Trust of Canada is a charitable organization on a mission to advance, nurture, and celebrate Canadian writers and writing.
A prize of $10,000 will be awarded for the best work of poetry.
Two honourable mentions will each receive $2,500.
Finalists will benefit from a mentorship opportunity.
To be eligible candidates must be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Under the age of 35 as of February 25, 2019.
- Previously published in an independently edited literary magazine, journal, or anthology.
- Unpublished in book form and without a book contract.
To submit an entry:
- Eligible candidates should send 5 - 10 pages of previously unpublished poetry.
- Candidates grant the Writers’ Trust of Canada permission to publish their work in print and digital formats should they be shortlisted (all rights reserved by the author).
- Give your submission one overall title. Include that title at the top of your manuscript and in the file name of your PDF, and ensure both match the name given for your submission. You do not need a title page within your submission.
- Your manuscript must not include your name or identifying information.
- Include consecutively numbered page numbers.
- Do not use images within your manuscript.
- Use any font you wish in 11 pt size.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 25, 2019 (MIDNIGHT PT)
Three finalists will be announced in April 2019. The winner will be announced on May 28, 2019 at an award ceremony in Toronto.
For more information, please visit writerstrust.com or contact:
Amanda Hopkins, Program Manager